This stuff has been popping up all over lately and for good reason…its delicious!
Whipped Coconut Cream
First off, here is what you’ll need:
- Electric mixer (you could do it by hand too, just more work)
- Mixing bowl
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (not the light version!)
- Sweetener of choice – maple syrup and powdered sugar both work well. I used 3 tsp powdered sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the can of coconut over night. It has to harden and separate. So, if you think you might want to try making this, just put a can or two in the back of your fridge and then it will be ready when you are.
- About 10 minutes before you are going to make this, put your mixing bowl in your freezer. This helps everything stay cold while you work. The coconut cream will start to melt when it gets too warm.
- Take your can of full fat coconut milk out of the fridge and turn upside down (important!). Open the can and you will see that the coconut cream has separated from the liquid. Pour out the liquid into another bowl and reserve. You can use this for cooking or drinking or in smoothies.
- Scoop out the solidified coconut cream into your chilled mixing bowl.
- Beat the coconut cream until it becomes fluffy. Add in a bit of sweetener, I used 3 tsp of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract and mix together.
- Enjoy! And I know you will because this stuff is really quite amazing!
And, here are a few other recipes and tutorials of different versions of whipped coconut cream, just in case you are interested
And a video tutorial by vegetarian chef Brain McCarthy:Pin It